Re: [Condor-users] What if execute node does not have user account?

For instance, in the CS department here in Madison, we set the UID_DOMAIN to be cs.wisc.edu because all of the computers have the same users. But if they didn't have the same users, we would set the UID_DOMAIN to $(FULL_HOSTNAME)--then each computer has a different UID_DOMAIN and it won't try to run as the same user.

I've run into problems when setting UID_DOMAIN to $(FULL_HOSTNAME) on my systems -- the execute nodes reject non-local jobs. Setting UID_DOMAIN to the domain of the local network solved the problem, and allowed non-local jobs to execute.

I don't know if it matters, but my network doesn't use a shared filesystem.

-Tim