Re: [Condor-users] Can Condor create more than one VM on single processor machines?

On 7/6/05, Miguel Dilaj <mdilaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I spotted vm1 and vm2 in a couple boxes, and according to IT there're no
> dual-processor boxes there (but they can be mistaken).

Guess:

those machines have HyperThreading enabled.

suggestion -
1) get it switched off in the BIOS.
2) set NUM_CPUS = 1
3) set NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES = 1
4) set COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS = false

I suggest 4 as the cleanest while still let HT stay on but 1 as the
safeest (If you don't know about the HT state on a cluster you likely
don't want it)

If instead you are luckyeenough to have some dual core machines then
enjoy having the additional cpu power witbhout the power tradeoffs. If
network or disk bandwidth is more important use option 3 to only have
one vm per machine

Matt