From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Miguel Dilaj
Sent: 12 July 2005 13:52
To: 'Condor-Users Mail List'
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] I wasted some CPU cycles ;-)

Hi all,

Well... I've setup:

	WANT_SUSPEND	= TRUE
	WANT_VACATE		= FALSE
	PREEMPT		= FALSE
	KILL			= FALSE

(and also CPU=1, that works) in all nodes, including the central server. All
nodes are Windows running condor 6.6.10.

After that I did condor_reconfig -full -all, followed by condor_restart -all
But my processes are still going to Idle (instead of Suspended) when the
user returns and starts typing. To be fair: the processes briefly go to
Suspended state, but later are Idle again.

I want my processes to be Suspend'ed when the user returns, and continue
later when the machine is free. No migration, no restarting.

Again... Any ideas what am I doing wrong, or where to look for further
investigation??? TIA!! Regards,

Miguel

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.