Re: [Condor-users] trapping I/O System Calls

On 7/19/05, Alisson Wilker <alissonwilker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How does Condor trap I/O system calls? Can anybody help me find it in
> the source code?

IANAE but I understand this is achieved by the condor_compile (bad
name :) relinking with a bunch of alternates to the standard io calls
which redirect as required.

This is overly simplistic (how said calls are redirected to the
shadows for example and there may be special cases I don't know about
it)

If you were asking what mechanism is used at lower level of detail
then you'll need the cs.wisc guys*

As I am on windows I never use it so take this with a healthy dose of scepticism

Matt

* and gals if there are any, I haven't noticed them on the list