Re: [Condor-users] Directives in .sub file? (WAS: My jobs won't stay in the queue)

Sorry, that won't work. Attributes in the submit file affect what goes into the job classad. They can't override the config values that the startd uses to determine its behavior. That would be a very bad thing, as it would mean the machine owner doesn't have control over the behavior of the machine.

 -- Jaime

On Jul 19, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Miguel Dilaj wrote:

Hi all,

From the example below I've to assume that I can include directives (when different from the ones in condor_config) in my .sub file. Is that correct?
That can be the solution to my problem about including "want_vacate = false" and/or "vacate = false"... I can include it in the .sub instead of changing so many condor_config files as machines I've as nodes.
Cheers,

Miguel

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sean Looper
Sent: 18 July 2005 18:30
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] My jobs won't stay in the queue

I’m running 6.7.7.  My jobs are running fine, but when they complete, they leave the queue.  I would like them to stay in the queue with the status “Complete”.  I’ve tried setting on_exit_remove to a variety of things, but none seem to do what I need.  Here is my submit file.

universe = vanilla

getenv = true

initialdir = C:/condor/spool

executable = C:/condor/bin/Exec.bat