RE: [Condor-users] How to get CONDOR environment variables fromarunning task

> Ian Chesal a écrit :
>
> >If you add it to the advertised startd attributes you may be able to
> >force it into the job's environment. I'm not 100% certain this will work
> >so try it out. Add the following to your machine's configuration file:
> >
> >	STARTD_EXPRS = RELEASE_DIR
> >
> >And now try and make this part of your job environment by adding the
> >following to the submit file:
> >
> >	environment = CONDOR_RELEASE_DIR=$$(RELEASE_DIR)
> >

> I'm not sure I understand the mecanism you suggest here. Anyway, I
> tried, but my job is accepted then put on hold, I don't know why, so I
> can't even print the value it would give me.

Ahh, if the job went on hold that usually means there's a problem with the configuration. So this might not work. One of the guys from the Condor team might be able to elaborate on when it works for VM IDs and not the release_dir and possibly how to rectify this. I think it may be that the VM ID I was pushing into the job environment is actually part of the JOB classad and not the MACHINE classad...

- Ian