RE: [Condor-users] How to get CONDOR environment variablesfromarunning task

> > Ian Chesal a écrit :
> >
> > >If you add it to the advertised startd attributes you may be able to
> > >force it into the job's environment. I'm not 100% certain this will
> work
> > >so try it out. Add the following to your machine's configuration file:
> > >
> > >	STARTD_EXPRS = RELEASE_DIR
> > >
> > >And now try and make this part of your job environment by adding the
> > >following to the submit file:
> > >
> > >	environment = CONDOR_RELEASE_DIR=$$(RELEASE_DIR)
> > >

> > I'm not sure I understand the mecanism you suggest here. Anyway, I
> > tried, but my job is accepted then put on hold, I don't know why, so I
> > can't even print the value it would give me.
>
> Ahh, if the job went on hold that usually means there's a problem with the
> configuration. So this might not work. One of the guys from the Condor
> team might be able to elaborate on when it works for VM IDs and not the
> release_dir and possibly how to rectify this. I think it may be that the
> VM ID I was pushing into the job environment is actually part of the JOB
> classad and not the MACHINE classad...

I love answering my own questions...it gives me the feeling I'm talking to myself. Anyhow...

I think I may have a lead for you. Check out the STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT setting which lets you configure the startup environment jobs see on a per-machine basis (it's a condor configuration setting that is).

So you'd want to add something like:

	STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT = CONDOR_RELEASE_DIR=$(RELEASE_DIR)

to your condor configuration file. And NOW it should be an environment variable when your job starts. You could also just add $(BIN) and $(SBIN) to the PATH with this approach as well...

- Ian