Re: [Condor-users] RE: condor_config_val macro bug?

I hope the behavior Sean is describing below is a feature, because
I use it to make different config files for different hosts.

Steve Timm

> In my master config file, I have the following line:
>

> LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE =
> $(NET_DIR)\etc\globalClient\$(HOSTNAME)\condor_config.local
>

> When I run 'condor_config_val -name dell001 -config' on dell001, I get
> this output:
>

> Config file:
>
>         //manager/condor/etc/globalMaster/condor_config
>
> Local config file:
>
>         \\manager\Condor\etc\globalClient\dell001\condor_config.local
>

> However, when I run 'condor_config_val -name dell001 -config' on
> dell015, I get this output:
>

> Config file:
>
>         //manager/condor/etc/globalMaster/condor_config
>
> Local config file:
>
>         \\manager\Condor\etc\globalClient\dell015\condor_config.local
>

> It appears that condor_config_val is substituting the $(HOSTNAME) macro
> based on the querying machine and not the machine being queried.  Is
> this intended or have I discovered a bug?
>

> Sean

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team