Re: [Condor-users] RE: condor_config_val macro bug?

On 7/21/05, Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

<reformatted>
> > LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE =
> > $(NET_DIR)\etc\globalClient\$(HOSTNAME)\condor_config.local
> >

> > When I run 'condor_config_val -name dell001 -config' on dell001, I get
> > this output:
> >
> > Config file:
> >
> >         //manager/condor/etc/globalMaster/condor_config
> >
> > Local config file:
> >
> >         \\manager\Condor\etc\globalClient\dell001\condor_config.local
> >

> > However, when I run 'condor_config_val -name dell001 -config' on
> > dell015, I get this output:
> >

> > Config file:
> >
> >         //manager/condor/etc/globalMaster/condor_config
> >
> > Local config file:
> >
> >         \\manager\Condor\etc\globalClient\dell015\condor_config.local
> >

> > It appears that condor_config_val is substituting the $(HOSTNAME) macro
> > based on the querying machine and not the machine being queried.  Is
> > this intended or have I discovered a bug?
> >

> > Sean
> >

> I hope the behavior Sean is describing below is a feature, because
> I use it to make different config files for different hosts.

I believe Sean is objecting not to the evaluation of $(HOSTNAME) at
the initial config file parsing stage (i.e. daemon startup/reconfig)
but by the remote config interrogation provided by condor_config_val.
It is being evaluated in relation to the *requesting* machine rather
than the *responding* machine when remote requesting the value from
another machine, which sounds like a bug to me...

Matt