From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alain Roy
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 2:43 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: RE: [Condor-users] Condor on Windows 2003 Server

>Here is what I had to do to actually get condor working:

>2.                   Converted condor_config.local from unix to dos format
>(I did this by opening it in wordpad and clicking save)

This is unnecessary. Condor can read the file in either format.

>3.                   Changed all '/' in paths to '\' in condor_config and
>condor_config.local (not really necessary because windows is forgiving,
>but it IS incorrect anyway as it was)

This is unnecessary. Condor does the right thing with the slashes.

>When installing on my first machine and creating the pool, a non-empty
>condor_config.local was created.  I noticed there was no .exe after the
>collector and negotiator daemon paths.

It's not incorrect that the .exe is missing: Condor does the right thing
and finds the proper binary.

I'm glad that you solved your problem though--I think it was just the
firewall configuration though.

-alain