RE: [Condor-users] Web Service access via SOAP and .NET

I figured as much.  Mostly I was concerned that I was getting the login dialog at all.  I have had problems with Condor’s authentication in the past and was afraid that the reason I was getting the login was due to that.  I will assume that all is well and test some code with it.  Maybe it’s just an incompatibility between gSOAP and .NET’s web service discovery.

Thanks again!

Sean

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthew Farrellee
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:09 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Web Service access via SOAP and .NET

That is a sign that the SOAP interface to Condor is active. I would imagine you get no response at all if the web service interface were not running.

matt

On Jun 14, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Sean Looper wrote:

Thx for the reassurance.  AT this point, considering the absence of docs on this subject, I’m just trying to confirm that my configuration is proper and that Condor is ready to be connected to as a web service.  The method that I’m using from within .NET is to use “Add Web Reference” from the Solution Explorer and browse to the address of the machine (“http://dell018:1047”).  At that point, I receive the login prompt.  If this is a sign that all is well, then I will write some test code, but I have not been able to confirm that Condor is even running as a web service.  Maybe I do not understand exactly what Condor is providing for this sort of functionality.

I’m studying my brains out on ASP.NET and Web Services in order to complete this project.  I hope I’m not missing something here…

Sean