RE: [Condor-users] condor_master problem

> I'm new to condor project, and I installed condor on linux(Suse 8.2).
> I also executed ./condor_install as central manager and it seems every
> thing is OK. but once I want to start ./condor_master I get this error
> message:
> bash: ./condor_master: cannot execute binary file
>
> Could anybody suggest me to what should I do?

This error generally means that you're trying to start a binary for a
different architecture, and the machine you're on can't run it. (Or
perhaps the binary is corrupted...)

Are your machines x86 or Itanium?  What exactly did you download?  Which
version?  I don't see x86 Suse on the 'supported platforms' page:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/1_5Availability.html

But I thought it worked.  What kernel and glibc versions does Suse 8.2
use?

What does 'file ./condor_master' say?

Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff