RE: [Condor-users] negotiating with schedds when a client has FW

John,

Your suggestion is good if you strongly believe in people's goodwill. :-)
The thing is that you cannot really rely on it if you have dozens of
colleagues in different
buildings, but more importantly, the firewall is not the only and not even
the major source
of this kind of problems. Network has very complex structure at our uni and
firewall rules
are on and constantly changing between VLANs; there are faulty switches,
etc.
My point was that this is to be expected in any live system other than
trivial and Condor should
have mechanism to overcome those issues and not to stumble upon them.

cheers,

Andrey