RE: [Condor-users] negotiating with schedds when a client has FW

Andrey (maybe also Dan)

I had similar problems in my pool caused by people adding firewalls unexpectedly
on their machines. When I tried to add new machines to the pool, I had to go round all
machine owners and try and persuade them to open up firewalls for this new machine
as I had no admin rights.

What I came up with I refer to as "Firewall Mirroring" and is described in

http://tardis.dl.ac.uk/Condor/docs/FW_condor.pdf
and
http://tardis.dl.ac.uk/Condor/slides/FW_Avoidance.ppt

The idea is to try and persuade Condor not to send jobs to machines which cannot be
reached from the submit node.

I hope it is of some use.

Cheers

JK