RE: [Condor-users] Are CONDOR_SCRATCH and EXECUTE directive equal?

> I have a question about the CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR and the EXECUTE =
> /my/dir/here options for condor config files.  Are they the same?
> EXECUTE has to be defined but does CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR need to be
> defined?  It not, what does it default to?

EXECUTE is a config file variable that points to, uh, the execute
directory. :-)

CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR is an environment variable that's placed (by Condor)
into the job's environment.  It's intended to give the job a temporary
directory to play around in.

Hope this helps,

Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff