Re: [Condor-users] Failover feature in condor 6.7.5

Ian Chesal wrote:
Hi,

I understand that the failover is a feature added in
condor-6.7.x versions. But I don't understand how to enable
this and configure the pool to work with this setup. Can
anyone help? As far as I know, there is nothing in the
documentation. I would like to be corrected in this regard.

See:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7.5/8_2Development_Release.html#
SECTION00924000000000000000

The second bullet under "New Features" describes how to define multiple
collectors for failover.

- Ian
Hi Ian,

Thanks. What does the "High Availability" service under new features section in the same link mean (8.2.6 Version 6.7.0)? It says:

Added a new ``High Availability'' service to the condor_ master. You can now specify a daemon which can have ``fail over'' capabilities (i.e. the master on another machine can start a matching daemon if the first one fails). Currently, this is only available over a shared file system (i.e. NFS), and has only been tested for the condor_ schedd.

I was looking to implement that. Is that the same as multiple collectors?

Thanks,
Prakash