Re: [Condor-users] Failover feature in condor 6.7.5

On Mon March 7 2005 4:18 pm, Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> Ian Chesal wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I understand that the failover is a feature added in
> >>condor-6.7.x versions. But I don't understand how to enable
> >>this and configure the pool to work with this setup. Can
> >>anyone help? As far as I know, there is nothing in the
> >>documentation. I would like to be corrected in this regard.
> >
> >See:
> >http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7.5/8_2Development_Release.html#
> >SECTION00924000000000000000
> >
> >The second bullet under "New Features" describes how to define multiple
> >collectors for failover.
> >
> >- Ian
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> Thanks. What does the "High Availability" service under new features
> section in the same link mean (8.2.6 Version 6.7.0)? It says:
>
> Added a new ``High Availability'' service to the /condor_ master/. You
> can now specify a daemon which can have ``fail over'' capabilities (i.e.
> the master on another machine can start a matching daemon if the first
> one fails). Currently, this is only available over a shared file system
> (i.e. NFS), and has only been tested for the /condor_ schedd/.
>
> I was looking to implement that. Is that the same as multiple collectors?

These are separate mechanisms, at least for now.  :-(  The feature that you
describe above is currently just for schedd fail-over.  Separately, in recent
6.7 Condor releases, your pool can now have redundant collectors.

A feature that we very much hope will make the next 6.7 release of Condor will
provide for a fail-over mechanism for negotiators.  This is, again, a
different mechanism.

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project