Re: [Condor-users] Condor - Linux

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:48:14PM -0500, Ravi Krishnan Venkatesan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does Condor - Linux support AFS. I couldn't find any info on the webpage.

It doesn't take advantage of any features of AFS, except for a performace
enhancement where if two machines both have /afs mounted, we can read
data directly from /afs, instead of going over the network to the submitting
machine (which then has to go over the nework to the AFS servers, and then
back over the network to the execute machine)

We do not currently do anything smart with transfering AFS tokens to
the job so it can access AFS with the user's AFS token

-Erik