[Condor-users] Absolute and relative paths on Windows.

Hi everyone,

I'm a Condon newbie and I've a question about using absolute and relative paths on Windows. Basically, I want to submit a job to Condor but the executable and argument files are in different paths. The format of the submit file is given below. I've tried various ways of writing the relative path with respect to Windows but nothing seems to work. Basically, this email is more about how to specify relative and absolute paths when it comes to Windows. As shown below, Ifrf.exe is in C:\Program Files\isis\bin while combine.ipf is in C:\ENKF\parameter . Once I actually submit the submit file, the job just runs forever and doesn't stop. This probably means that the executable isn't picking up the argument file, which in this case is combine.ipf. Although putting the executable and argument file in the same path would have been an easier option, this is not feasible in my case for specific reasons. Besides, it shouldn't be too much of a problem specifying different paths for the executable and argument files (I hope not anyway!). Someone told me that the "../../../" might be messing things up. Any sort of help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

executable         = Ifrf.exe
universe             = vanilla
arguments          = ../../../ENKF/parameter/combine.ipf
output                = test.out
error                   = test.error
log                     = test.log
queue

Regards
Sanjay Vivek
IAM Research Group
Department of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
SO17 1BJ
United Kingdom

Email: smv99r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx