Von: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Sanjay Vivek
Gesendet: Montag, 14. März 2005 15:59
An: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Condor-users] Absolute and relative paths on Windows.

Hi everyone,

I'm a Condon newbie and I've a question about using absolute and relative
paths on Windows. Basically, I want to submit a job to Condor but the
executable and argument files are in different paths. The format of the
submit file is given below. I've tried various ways of writing the relative
path with respect to Windows but nothing seems to work. Basically, this
email is more about how to specify relative and absolute paths when it comes
to Windows. As shown below, Ifrf.exe is in C:\Program Files\isis\bin while
combine.ipf is in C:\ENKF\parameter . Once I actually submit the submit
file, the job just runs forever and doesn't stop. This probably means that
the executable isn't picking up the argument file, which in this case is
combine.ipf. Although putting the executable and argument file in the same
path would have been an easier option, this is not feasible in my case for
specific reasons. Besides, it shouldn't be too much of a problem specifying
different paths for the executable and argument files (I hope not anyway!).
Someone told me that the "../../../" might be messing things up. Any sort of
help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

executable         = Ifrf.exe
universe             = vanilla
arguments          = ../../../ENKF/parameter/combine.ipf
output                = test.out
error                   = test.error
log                     = test.log
queue

Regards
Sanjay Vivek
IAM Research Group
Department of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
SO17 1BJ
United Kingdom

Email: smv99r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx