Re: [Condor-users] Re: split processors among multiple jobs

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:34:33 +0000  Matt Hope wrote:

> Note that pushing a new job to the top of the queue may trigger a
> preemption of an existing job which might not be optimal, I would
> suggest any accelerator script should find out the lowest priority of
> the currently running jobs and never exceed that...

not true for user-defined job priorities (what we're talking about in
this thread).  the schedd will never preempt a job because of these
priority values, so you don't have to worry about that.  user
priorities (the fair-share stuff enforced by the negotiator, which you
can view/manage via condor_userprio) can cause preemption (if the
PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS expression evaluates to true), but job
priorities never do.

-derek