Re: [Condor-users] Output files not being returned upon completion.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Sanjay Vivek wrote:

> I'm currently working on Condor 6.7 and it isn't transferring output
> files upon job completion. The job seems to be running and executing
> fine but it doesn't return the output files. The executable should
> return a bunch of output files in the same path. I'm not too sure what's
> going wrong but hopefully someone out there can point me in the right
> direction. My submit file is desribed below. Thanks again!
>
> executable                     = test_isis.cmd
> universe                        = vanilla
> arguments                     = finalus1.ief
> input                             = finalus1.ief
> should_transfer_files       = YES
> when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
> output                           = test.out
> error                            = test.error
> log                               = test.log
> queue

Is your program creating file with simple filenames or with filenames that
contain paths? Condor creates a directory to run your job in and only
transfers back files created in that directory (not even files in
subdirectories).

Try submitting a shell script like the following with the same file
transfer options:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/date > data1
/bin/pwd  > data2

If data1 and data2 don't show up, then we know it's not something specific
to your application.

Is the condor execute directory on the execute machine on a shared
filesystem? (Log into the execute machine and run 'condor_config_val
execute') This can cause problems if there's any clock skew between the
execute machine and the file server.

You can also try explicitly stating what output files to transfer back
using transfer_output_files in your submit file.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |