Re: [Condor-users] Bad file descriptors?

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 10:02 -0800, Rajesh Rajamani wrote:

> John Horne wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Installed Condor 6.7.6, and am currently trying to run the example
> > programs using just one remote client. Not sure how long they are
> > supposed to take but the first job seems to have run for about half an
> > hour or so and is still going (I think). I noticed in the workstations
> > 'log' directory on the condor master server, in the StartLog file:
> >
> >   3/29 13:17:46 StatInfo::fstat64(/dev/stdin) failed, errno: 9 = Bad
> >   file descriptor
> >   3/29 13:17:46 StatInfo::fstat64(/dev/stdout) failed, errno: 9 = Bad
> >   file descriptor
> >   3/29 13:17:46 StatInfo::fstat64(/dev/stderr) failed, errno: 9 = Bad
> >   file descriptor
> >

> We see the following error messages in our cluster also.  However, we
> are able to submit and run our
> jobs successfully.  It is unlikely that this is what is preventing
> your job from terminating.

Okay, thanks. At least I know we're not the only ones :-) If I get no
more replies then I'll submit it as a bug - obviously something is not
quite right there or not being detected right.

> Here are a few things that you could try out.
> 1. Run a /bin/sleep job with arguments=60 (for one minute).  I've
> attached job description file for
> such a job.

Many thanks for this. It seemed that condor didn't like the userid I was
using to submit the example jobs. Using a different account and all the
jobs ran within a couple of minutes or so. I will bear in mind 'condor_q
-analyze' though.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839