[Condor-users] Question about vocabulary

Hi,
I am fiddling around with condor configuration policies and user/job priorities. So far I used only the TESTINGMODE configuration. But now our users asked for more fine grained job scheduling control. Before reconfiguring I went into the docs and config files again. But I need some help or clarifications on the vocabulary used.
We are currently only running vanilla jobs. So what does
suspend, preemption and vacation mean for vanilla jobs? Am I right that only standard jobs can be vacated and restarted from their last checkpoint? In case of vanilla jobs vacation means killing the job? And what is the difference between suspension and preemption?
Bye WD Klotz
--
WD Klotz - Europ. Synch. Rad. Facility (ESRF) - BP 220, 38043 Grenoble, 6 r Jules Horowitz, FRANCE
work: +33(0)4.76.88.29.21 fax:...24.27 mobile: +33(0)6.87.38.59.27 mailklotz@xxxxxxx chatskype