[Condor-users] Checkpointing 64 bit binaries on Solaris 9

Dear all,

We wish to use condor 6.6.9 or later as part of a Sun Grid Engine
checkpointing library. To do this first we have to recompile existing
code, however there seems to be a problem with the interaction of gcc
3.2.x or 3.3.x, /usr/ccs/bin/ld and condor_compile and the condor libraries
when attempting to create 64 bit binaries.

The condor libraries are 32 bit, but the other parts of the binary are 64
bit and /usr/ccs/bin/ld cannot cope with the combination. In theory it is
possible to pass options to ld to cope with this, but I've yet to work out
the correct combination, so if anyone else has I'd love to know.

For 32 bit codes or on exclusively 32 bit architectures (e.g. x86)
everything works as advertised.

Sincerely,

Aaron Turner, University of York