[Condor-users] Hello - and a question

Hi,

Just set up a small pool (proof of concept style) which I will integrate
into our campusgrid project, which uses Condor-G. Later ...

The idea is to look at enfranchising microsoft users into the grid world!

My setup is simple ...
1 linux box, WBEL, master and submitter.
4 windows XP boxes, on private network as the pool machines.

So far, so good. All works, and I can submit a MS executable (written
using MS Visual Studio 6 C++), and saved as a simple console application.

My "test" was to hold the .exe file on the linux box ... to submit the
.cmd file which would ask for the "result" file from the .exe to be
transferred back to the linux box.

The .cmd file is thus:

#
# Rob's First Condor test job
#
Executable = hello.exe
Universe = vanilla
should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
#
transfer_output_files = CondorTest
Requirements = Arch == "INTEL" && OpSys == "WINNT51"
Log = CondorTest.log
Queue

My next test would be to run an executable which I know is installed on
all the XP boxes (e.g. SAS,SPSS, Matlab, Maple, a terrain generator etc).

These have command line methods of invocation, and can take a file of
commands to execute, and produce and output file.

So, the question:

If I have "Executable = spss.exe"

How do I specify that the job does not need to transfer the executable
from the linux box to the windows XP boxes in the pool? Since the
submitting machine is a different o/s to the executable pool.

Many thanks,

Rob

| Dr R P Fletcher    (Rob) | e  R.Fletcher@xxxxxxxxxx              |
| Graphics Coordinator     | t  +44 (0)1904 433816                 |
| Computing Service        | f  +44 (0)1904 433740                 |
| University of York       | w  http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~rpf1/ |
| YORK YO10 5DD, UK        |                                       |