Re: [Condor-users] Opensourcing the libraries?

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 07:06:43AM +0800, Andrew Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago, it was mentioned on this list that
> the DRMAA library will be opensourced. I couldn't find
> it, may be I am missing something?

No, we hadn't put it out yet. It turns out that while the code is
standalone, all of the build infrastructure still comes from the Condor
src tree.

I also don't have any DRMAA test programs, so I have no idea if this works,
but I wrote a 5-second Makefile, stuck in the needed headers, and tarred it
up. You can get it from:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/downloads/contrib.license.html

I'd appreciate knowing if it even works :) (it should be identical to
what we ship on Linux, so it should work the same)

> Also, can we have the checkpointing library
> opensourced as well? A lot of AMD64 users want to have
> support for x86-64.

Sorry, the checkpointing code is deeply tied to the rest of the Condor
code, so it's going to have to come along with everything else.

If you just want checkpointing code, you can use this:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~zandy/ckpt/

It's a different codebase than what we use in Condor, but Vic wrote it
with complete access to Condor code, so much of it works the same way.

-Erik