[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Condor-users] OwnerCheck: username?
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:01:30 -0700
- From: "Michael Yoder" <yoderm@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [Condor-users] OwnerCheck: username?
> 5/21 01:14:08 OwnerCheck: reject owner: duongduk non-super
> 5/21 01:14:08 OwnerCheck: username: capfiste, test_owner: duongduk
> Actually the user running condor_submit is the user that showed up as
> "test_owner". The user listed as "username" is the "owner" of the
> (local home directory). But I don't know how condor determines this.
> The test_owner, whose home directory is remote and was automounted,
> logged into the "owner's" machine through ssh. Does condor not allow
> anyone not logged into the console to submit jobs?
> Yes, condor_master was started as root, and the daemons are running as
Sorry it took awhile to get back to you, Cathy.
Something fishy is going on. You say that the condor_master was started
as root, but the lines above can _only_ be printed if the schedd isn't
root and it isn't user condor.
- Precisely how was condor started?
- Was it a from a setuid script?
- Is CONDOR_IDS set in your config file?
- Is ENV_UG_IDS set in the environment that's starting the condor
- What do you see when you do a 'ps -ef | grep condor'?
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Direct : +1.408.321.9000
Fax : +1.408.904.5992
Mobile : +1.408.497.7597
2860 Zanker Road, Suite 201
San Jose, CA 95134