Re: [Condor-users] wishlist for notification messages

David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 21 May 2005, Derek Wright wrote:
>

>>the only potential snag is if
>>people already are parsing the emails, they'll scream about changing
>>the format.  all you pesky users make our job so much harder... ;)
>
> May I suggest that you leave the current human-readable text intact, and
> instead add the various bits of metadata to the headers of the email
> itself?

I don't like this idea, as the main intent of my suggestion was
to make the message more useful to a human.  For example, including
the machine the job was last running on, and formating the command
executed a bit more cleanly.

While we are considering changes to the format, I think it would
be nice to make it more easily parsable, but I don't regard this
as the most important aspect of my suggestion.

Dan