Re: [Condor-users] Variables in dag files?

Zachary Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
__________
>On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 10:38:18AM +0200, Horvatth Szabolcs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Is it possible defining and using variables in a DAG file? I have lots of similar lines and I'd like
>> to simplify them by making the paths and some arguments variables.
>
>do you mean you would like to share one submit file for multiple dag
>nodes?  if so, you can do that.  look for the 'VARS' option in the
>condor manual, at the end of section 2.11.1

Or do you mean you just want macros in you dag submit, just like you can in regular submit files?  The expansion of macros is a capability of condor_submit, but not condor_submit_dag.  But something you could easily do, since condor_submit_dag just makes a submit file for condor_submit, is run condor_submit_dag with the -no_run option.  Then edit the resulting submit file, adding the use of macros to your hearts content.  :)

Regards,
Todd