Re: [Condor-users] error 1067 (the most obvious newbie user problem :))

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 Imre Tuske wrote :
>I got this both from an win2k machine at home, and a winxp at the office :(
>
>I also got an answer from Michael from Optena, and he writes the following:
>
>On 9/29/05, Michael Yoder <yoderm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > 9/29 01:21:23 bind failed: WSAError = 10038
>

> >  10038 is "'WSAENOTSOCK' -- Socket operation on non-socket."
> >

> > Based on what I see in this article:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817571
> >
> > I think you may need to set your computer up with a static IP address.
>

>But both my home and office computer have a static IP address. So I still
>got nowhere and it's very annoying. :(
>
>On the Optena site there is a mention of Condor sensitive to getting

Hey,
Why dont u configure DNS for the same. In that you mention domain suffix(NameSpace) for all the machines. Configuration of DNS is available on net and since you hav win2k server, its lot more easier. BTW i have setup DNS on my linux m/c (one of the machine on local n/w)behaving as Master, while win2k are execute m/c.

For DNS you just have to configure 2 files for 4ward n reverse arp lookup. I know the procedure for Linux, and i dnt think it wud b difficult or say mch diff. on win m/c.

Cheers!!!
Neeraj