[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Why so many ports?
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 00:24:49 -0500
- From: Matt Baker <bakerspage@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Why so many ports?
I'm currently working to do some flocking between university
campuses, and while I'm making progress understanding grid protocols
like Condor-C, I have a couple questions:
* If you have two pools that you want to share jobs via Condor-C,
what ports do I need to keep open between the two submit nodes (see
[ Condor Pool ]-[ schedd ] <- Condor-C (ports?) ->[ schedd ]-[ Condor
* The Condor manual says each execute node needs at least 10 open
ports.. what are these used for? I get that files need to be
transferred, but why 10?
University of Arkansas