Re: [Condor-users] Why so many ports?

Thank you, I've read all of the literature you've provided me last week. They all went a long way in helping me understand some of the communication necessary for firewall traversal techniques.

Basically, I'm at the point of testing Condor-C, but I need to know how many / which ports I need to open when a job is moved from one schedd to a remote schedd.

Matt

On Oct 3, 2005, at 3:48 AM, Kewley, J (John) wrote:

Some aspects of the port usage are described in
http://www.allhands.org.uk/2005/proceedings/papers/431.pdf

JK

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matt Baker
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:25 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] Why so many ports?

Hey,

I'm currently working to do some flocking between university
campuses, and while I'm making progress understanding grid protocols
like Condor-C, I have a couple questions:

* If you have two pools that you want to share jobs via Condor-C,
what ports do I need to keep open between the two submit nodes (see
below):

* The Condor manual says each execute node needs at least 10 open ports.. what are these used for? I get that files need to be transferred, but why 10?