Re: [Condor-users] Why so many ports?

On Oct 3, 2005, at 4:10 AM, Matt Baker wrote:

Thank you, I've read all of the literature you've provided me last
week. They all went a long way in helping me understand some of the
communication necessary for firewall traversal techniques.

Basically, I'm at the point of testing Condor-C, but I need to know
how many / which ports I need to open when a job is moved from one
schedd to a remote schedd.

You'll have one connection per job owner going from your local schedd machine to the remote schedd or its collector (2 ports total on the remote end). The collector listens on port 9618. Everything else in Condor uses dynamic ports. You can restrict the port range, but that range is normally shared by all the daemons on the machine. You can play tricks with the config file so that only one daemon is port- restricted.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |