[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Parallel Computing Using Globus and Condor
- Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:50:49 -0500
- From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Parallel Computing Using Globus and Condor
2) Does the globus or condor will automatically do this for us, or do
we need to write a separate program to do this or the job it self
should be written in special way to accomplish this.
You will need to do this explicitly.
4) What is MPI, MPICH and what for it has been used.
MPI is a standard API for running parallel programs. MPICH is a
commonly used implementation of that standard. Condor supports MPICH,
but you must explicity design your program to call the various MPI
Depending on your job, it may be easier to break your one big job into
many smaller, independent jobs, and submit those many jobs to Condor all
at once. Condor will then run those jobs on as many machines as it can.