Re: [Condor-users] CONDOR-G configuration

On Oct 6, 2005, at 11:26 PM, itpals wrote:

Can anybody tell me about that what changes are required in the condor_config local and global files to work condor as condor-G.

No changes should be necessary.

one more thing according to my knowledge for only condor pool the NEGOTIATOR and COLLECTOR are not required to run on every machine except central manager but I don't know about the globus with condor case(Condor-G) .Is it necessary to run the NEGOTIATOR and COLLECTOR on each machine or only on central manager.......

You only need the collector and negotiator running on the central manager (that's what makes it the central manager). If you aren't using glide-in or matchmaking for globus jobs, then you don't need the collector and central manager at all for condor-g jobs.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |

|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |

|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |