Re: [Condor-users] periodic expressions

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to limit the run-time of a job so that the job gets
> restarted when it runs longer than a specified time. I
> thought about using a periodic_* expression in the submit
> file to do this, but I'm not sure what would be the simplest way:
>
> To restart the job I have to use both hold and release
> expressions, but how can I constrain them together to run the
> release after the hold took place?
>
> I thought about something like this for the hold:
>
> periodic_hold = (JobStatus == 2 &&
> ((ServerTime-JobCurrentStartDate) > 15000))
>
> But how to do the release? Any help is much appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
> Szabolcs

Hi Szabolcs,

You can try somtehing siniliar to your periodic_hold expression:
periodic_release = ((JobStatus==5) && (CurentTime - EnteredCurrentStatus) >
30)
Which would release your job after holding it for 30s in this case.

Thomas

Cyclotron Institute, Texas A&M university
ZIP 77843-3366
(979)-845-1411 ext. 258
Mobile: (979)-571-9782