Re: [Condor-users] condor_config_val not helpful reporting variables

On Oct 13, 2005, at 10:42 AM, Finch, Ralph wrote:

OK, but not even a condor example works for me:

   % condor_config_val -name perdita -schedd MAX_JOBS_RUNNING
   500

$ condor_config_val -name merrit - schedd MAX_JOBS_RUNNING
Not defined

MAX_JOBS_RUNNING probably isn't defined in merret's config file. Try running 'condor_config_val MAX_JOBS_RUNNING' on merrit. This will look directly at the files, rather than asking the schedd. If a config parameter isn't set in the config file, the daemons will usually pick a sensible default. That default won't show up in condor_config_val

It looks like MAX_JOBS_RUNNING isn't set in the default config file (it's commented out). We should probably change the example to be a parameter that is set in the default file.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |