Re: [Condor-users] can't kill a held job

On Oct 18, 2005, at 1:58 PM, xuehai zhang wrote:

I am trying to kill a held job by using "condor_rm -all" or "condor_rm <jobid>", but both of them
didn't work and the job status goes back to H in a while. I tried to stop the condor_master daemon
and it didn't work too. How should I clean this job?

It looks like this is a Globus job. Condor won't remove the job from the queue until it knows the job has been canceled on the remote side. It's putting the job on hold to tell you that it can't talk to the remote side for some reason. If you want to take the job out of the queue anyway, you can run 'condor_rm -f <jobid>' while the job is in X state.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |