Re: [Condor-users] error while compiling examples

On Oct 18, 2005, at 9:09 AM, ulgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, I installed condor on fc3 with rpm package. I installed the software
with root previlege and also user condor is present in system.
when I try to compile an example c program I receive the following error,
Can someone throw some light on this :)

[upen@medusa1 tmp]$ condor_compile cc io.c
ERROR: Cannot execute condor_config_val
You must put the directory that contains condor_config_val
in your $PATH for condor_compile to work.
[upen@medusa1 tmp]$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/ home1/Fluent.Inc/bin:/home/upen/bin:/opt/condor-6.7.12/bin

this .c program is owned by user upen, btw when I compiled as root it did
get compiled, it rejected root to submitthe job.

Are the permissions on your Condor binaries and all parent directories set correctly (i.e. global read and execute allowed)?

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |