Re: [Condor-users] Java Universe

You should go the Jar route and use the jar_files option.

As for your config.xml, you can store it in the Jar itself and access it in a relative way (search for "data file" in http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html), which is probably best anyway.

matt

On Oct 25, 2005, at 7:22 AM, Dheepak R. A. wrote:

I guess I didn’t express clearly. The wrapper itself should be a JAVA class file – only difference is that it isn’t in a package. It will first set up things before it executes the core classes.

Even if we set the executable as com.all.aasr…F.class won’t work, since the executable should be in proper directory structure which isn’t possible with condor.

Like one of the users had replied, using jar will be a good option.

However if some input is expected in a particular subdirectory (eg, config.xml for a java app XYZ might be expected in ./config/config.xml) then I am not too sure as to how it can be done without a proper wrapper java job.

Regards,

Dheepak Ra