Re: [Condor-users] Jobs Still not returning any output

On Oct 24, 2005, at 7:05 PM, Chris Miles wrote:

Ok. Sorted my matching problem.

Here is the output after the job.

I've been working with Chris off-line to resolve this problem. We determined that his execute directory is on a shared filesystem and the file server's clock is an hour behind the execute node's clock. Thus, when the job completes, Condor looks at the files in the execute directory, thinks that they were last modified before the job ran, and doesn't transfer them back. There are three solutions to this problem:

1) Move your Condor execute directory to a local disk.
2) Synchronize all of the clocks across your cluster.
3) Require all jobs to set transfer_output_files.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |