Re: [Condor-users] cluster

On Oct 25, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Guillaume ALLEON wrote:

I am running a condor pool for which I would like to add some ressources
coming from a
cluster.
The cluster is made of node that can not see the central manager only
the frontal can see it.
The cluster is managed through Torque.
What are the magic words for doing this : glide-in ? and how easy is it ?
Would the nodes be available only if there are idle ? or could they be
available through job submission using torque ?

Glide-in requires that the execute nodes be able to talk with the central manager and any submit nodes whose jobs they will run. Condor 6.7.13 will include support for Generic Connection Brokering (GCB), which allows routing to and from private networks. It would allow you to use glide-in.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |