Re: [Condor-users] termination with signal 66

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 06:05:31PM +0200, Horvatth Szabolcs wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> >Did Windows Update change anything on your execute machine?
>
> Does Windows Update affect the Condor services in any way?

Indirectly - it can replace DLLs and other OS components. Under NT4,
different parts of Condor would break (usually the keyboard activity
code) depending on what patches were installed. Some of the APIs we have
to use are not used a lot, so different patches would break different
APIs (and then fix them, then a later patch would break them again)

It's much better under XP.

If something was working and then just stopped, the first thing to
look for is what changed, and Windows Update is a first guess. Suddenly
exiting with a 66 sounds a DLL change to me. Checking the starter log
and the stdout/stderr of the job are another thing to check.

-Erik