Re: [Condor-users] condor_shadow exits with status 100

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 02:02:27PM -0700, White, John K wrote:
> hi condor,
>
> i notice in my ShadowLog that condor_shadow always exits with status
> 100, regardless of how my job completed. what does status 100 mean and
> why is it not 0? it's strange because i don't see anything in any condor
> log to indicate the cause of this abnormal status.

It's not abnormal, it's just not conventional :)

It's just historical, but we chose to have the shadow exit codes start
at 100. The only thing that looks at them is the condor_schedd, so it's
not documented anywhere.

The shadow communicates with the schedd before it exits some information
about the job status. The schedd uses updates from the shadow and the
exit code of the shadow to determine what state the job should be in. If
a job has completed successfully and is going to be marked as 'C'ompleted
and removed from the queue, the shadow will have an exit code of 100.

-Erik