Re: [Condor-users] To set dynamic limit on the jobs on condor

On Sep 1, 2005, at 5:05 AM, Prashant Lal wrote:

Hi Mike

NO. I don't have any misconceptions.

Let's put it like this

I have got 2 dual cpu's machines.

opteron1 and opteron2

have 10 jobs both for compile and run (so it becomes 20 execution for the condor)

Now compilation part:

4 then 4 and then 2 jobs are compiled.

now when it comes to run iwant it to submit the job (for the run part ) only on opteron2
so it will be like 2 then 2 then 2 then 2 then 2 on opteron2 ( I hope I am clear here)

Now when the opteron2 is having the initial 2 (run jobs) jobs, what the reaming 8 are doing.Obviously they don't get executed on the cvainopt1 as i have made the script like that.

So my problem is does those remaining 8 jobs will keep on asking the cpu's of opteron2 for the availability so that the job no. (run job) 3 and 4 can be submitted on it. And if it does then how much time does it waste for the same.

I hope I have made my self clear.

Extra jobs in a job queue generate zero extra load on your execute machines. There is some extra load on your central manager when it tries to match jobs to machines (which happens once every few minutes).

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |