Re: [Condor-users] condor 6.7.10 cleaning the EXECUTE directory

On Sep 1, 2005, at 8:24 AM, Horvatth Szabolcs wrote:

Using Condor 6.7.10 on windows I found the following: condor sometimes deletes the content
of the directory defined by the EXECUTE expression and not just the job directories.
I set the execute dir to a temp directory, but this folder also contains some computation specific data
, so when this directory is cleaned my data that is to be used by the job is removed too.

It surely happens when the condor service is restarted but happened a few times when there was
no system restart or condor_on/off/restart.

Condor assumes its EXECUTE directory is solely for its use. It will periodically clean the directory of anything it thinks shouldn't be there. You should set EXECUTE to a directory that's not used for anything else.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |