RE: [Condor-users] SOLUTION: Command-line install of Condor on Win32

Probably many people have some simple dos batch files like we do
but I thought I'd share in case it's useful.

These 3 scripts allow installation, version upgrade, or config update
remotely. The caveat is that you need admin access to the PCs you want
to manage. We use a remote execution package called beyondexec, psexec
is another such program.

*******
install.bat

usage: install machine-name

mkdir \\%1\c$\condor
xcopy /s /e \\fileserver.whatever\software\condor \\%1\c$\condor
xcopy /y /s /e \\fileserver.whatever\software\condor\condor_config_wa
\\%1\c$\condor\condor_config
reg add \\%1\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Condor /v CONDOR_CONFIG /d
"c:\condor\condor_config"
reg add \\%1\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Condor /v RELEASE_DIR /d "c:\condor"
beyondexec \\%1 c:\condor\bin\install Condor Condor
c:\condor\bin\condor_master.exe
reg add \\%1\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Condor /v Start /t
REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
beyondexec \\%1 -r net start Condor

**********
upgrade.bat

usage: upgrade machine-name

beyondexec \\%1 net stop Condor
del /s /q \\%1\c$\condor\bin
xcopy /s /e /y \\fileserver.whatever\software\condor\bin
\\%1\c$\condor\bin
beyondexec \\%1 -r net start Condor

**********
update.bat

usage: update machine-name

copy /y \\fileserver.whatever\software\condor\condor_config_wa
\\%1\c$\condor\condor_config
beyondexec \\%1 net stop Condor
beyondexec \\%1 -r net start Condor

*********

If you maintain a list of machines in a text file then you can create
more batch files
to do the whole bunch at once. e.g.

upgrade_all.bat

usage: upgrade_all

for /f %%i in (pcs.txt) do upgrade_condor_wa %%i

************

If you're feeling really lucky you could even try something like this
instead!
Not sure if this will work, but you get the idea.

for /f %i in ('c:\condor\bin\condor_status -master') do update %i

We have some customized stuff in the config files, e.g. highport and
lowport settings
so the windows gui auto install below (I don't think) will work for us.

Cheers

Greg