Re: [Condor-users] Condor match-making problem

On Sep 1, 2005, at 2:39 PM, duane waktu wrote:

I am using GT4.0 and I keep getting this error message when I ran 'condor_advertise':

$ condor_advertise UPDATE_STARTD_AD grid_ad
couldn't parse ClassAd in grid_ad

Can I still use 'gatekeeper_url' although gatekeeper is obsolete in GT 4?

If yes, what am I missing?

This is my grid-ad file:
MyType = "Machine"
TargetType = "Job"
Name = "abc"
Machine = "abc"
gatekeeper_url = "https://<hostname>:8433"
Requirements = True
Rank = 0.000000
CurrentRank = 0.000000
WantAdRevaluate = True
UpdateSequenceNumber = 4
CurMatches = 0

Hmm. It should work. I copied and pasted your ad into a file and condor_advertise liked it just fine. You sure you don't have any extra lines before MyType or after CurMatches?

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |