RE: [Condor-users] SOLUTION: Command-line install of Condor on Win32

That is SO useful!  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Tannenbaum
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:06 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] SOLUTION: Command-line install of Condor on
Win32

Hi folks -

Lately there have been lots of people asking about how to install Condor

for Windows in an unattended / batch mode, i.e. without the pretty GUI.

There are many ways to solve this problem, but here is one that is quite
easy:

Currently, the Condor for Windows installer is based upon
InstallShield's
Package for the Web (PFTW) technology.  So say you download the
self-extracting .exe file from the Condor web site, for example
condor-6.6.10-winnt50-x86.exe.

Then, to automate the installation of a PFTW package named foo.exe, you
would first perform one installation as administrator "by hand" via the
GUI
to create the answer file:

     condor-6.6.10-winnt50-x86.exe /a /r /f1c:\temp\foo.iss

In this example, the answer file is "c:\temp\foo.iss".  You can provide
whatever file-name you want, but notice there is no space between the
"/f1"
option and the filename.

Next, to install the package completely silently using the same answers
you
provided above, you would run as administrator:

     start /wait condor-6.6.10-winnt50-x86.exe /s /a /s /sms
/f1c:\temp\foo.iss

The first /s is only needed for a completely silent installation. If you

leave it off, the PFTW package will show you a status bar as it extracts

the InstallShield tree to the temporary directory.

Hope folks find this information useful.  Note that in the (possible
near)
future we may move to an MSI based installation, but the above
instructions
will work as long as we continue to stick with InstallShield  installer
technology.

best regards,
Todd

p.s. I will get this added into the manual.